Things In Pairs Vol. 1
In the design world, we often call upon “The Rule of Three.” The "rule" simply states that things arranged in odd numbers are more visually appealing to the human eye. If you've ever had a chat with an interior designer you're likely familiar with this design strategy. The rule also applies nicely for groupings of five or seven. While there's certainly a time and place when this "rule" works best, we've also learned to master the art of decorating in pairs! Things like lamps, pillows, art and nightstands often make a darling duo!
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOVING RIGHT NOW...
Pattern play in pillow pairings. These fabulous pillows just hit the floor in-store and we can't get enough of them! A soft blue geometric styled with a natural antelope print make for a playful, approachable combo.
- When shopping for throw pillows, consider the fill and how it will affect the appearance. A feather-and-down fill, for example, has more give and a softer squish (if you will). Foam and other synthetic fills are stiffer and generally much more affordable. These pillows will hold their shape better but don't look as luxe.
- Look for pillows that pick up hues of the surrounding room.
- When pairing pillows, don't be afraid to mix textures as well! We love pairing thick embroidery with printed textiles for added interest.
- Look to your area rug for inspiration. This is a great starting point to draw texture and colors.
- No well-appointed sofa is complete without a comfy throw!
Speaking of pillows... we recently restocked our pillow wall, just in time for Fall!
Who's ready for a room refresh?! Replacing your pillows is often the easiest and most budget-friendly way to make a room feel brand new!
We can't wait to help you bring your vision to life!